I love the idea of yoga, but I procrastinate on fitness, so have never really done it. I’ve done 1 real yoga class (which I loved) and a few times at home following different videos. I bought a Passport to Prana a year or so ago that I never activated and I really should!
A few weeks ago I stumbled upon the video Yoga For Complete Beginners by Yoga With Adriene and really liked her style. I saved it in my playlist and this morning I finally decided it was time to do it.
I cleared my space, put out my mat and followed along with Adriene. It was a really good and easy to do 20 minute sequence and I really enjoyed it. I feel ready to start my day with a clear mind. At the end of her video, she challenges you to do this practice every day for one week. And you know what? I’m going to take it.
So today marks day one, because if I wait to start until September 1st I probably won’t do it, and I’m going to do 7 days of the sequence above and then continue my yoga challenge from there. I’d like to do a mix of home practice and classes around Toronto so if you have a suggestion or want to join me, please reach out in the comments or send me a message.
There’s no time like the present to start a new goal and improve yourself. Wish me luck!
I’ve been living a very relaxed, solo life for the past week and it’s been a refreshing change to have so much time to myself. I’ve spent a lot of time relaxing, eating, reading and catching up on my favourite TV shows. Finn and I have gone on some pretty fun walks as well and he and Harley have been getting along really well.
This weekend, the last weekend of summer, is bittersweet for me. I’m looking forward to the energy that always seems to come from back to school time, but summer coming to a close seems way too soon.
I know most of you have long weekend brain already, so here’s an easy Show & Tell to give you something to do while you wait for the clock to turn.
Happy Labour Day weekend! Be safe, take care of each other and don’t drink & drive.
A few weeks ago I received a pink Pebble Smartstick Emergency Charger in the mail from Mobile Fun Canada. I was really happy to review this because I am always in need of a charge! It came with a little case and 4 different charging ends (iPhone (30-pin), Micro USB, Mini USB, Sony Ericsson and Nokia).
Since I became a daily TTC rider I spend most of the time on my phone, and recently fell in love with the WordPress app, so I’ve been using my travel time to blog, post and work. As you can imagine, this drains my battery significantly I usually don’t make it through a full day with one charge.
It takes about 30 minutes for the Smartstick to charge itself (and you can do this via the USB port on your computer OR plugging in to the wall charger). It then takes about 30 minutes to fully charge your iPhone (less if you turn on the Airplane Mode). My brother and I both used the Smartstick to charge our iPhones – his from 0% battery to full and mine from 14% battery to full. I was really impressed that it had enough of it’s own battery life to give us both a charge.
The price point is fairly reasonable at $25.99 and it comes in pink, black, purple & blue.
A pretty decent option for an emergency charger. Check it out!
On Sunday I received the best package ever! I won the Skinny Blonde Girl’s Festival Makeup contest from Hard Candy!
I didn’t get outside in time to say hi to Katelyn, who delivered my prize herself. So hi! Hope you had fun in the east end
Finn was super excited because he thought it was another dog delivery for him
I have barely unwrapped all the goodies and can’t wait to recreate her “Summer Festival Look” which I will probably wear on a regular basis.
Hard Candy Makeup
Here’s what I got:
- Single & Loving It Eyeshadow, 773 oink! – Hard Candy
- Ginormous Lash, Carbon Black – Hard Candy
- Highlight & Contur Cheek Duo, cheeky pink – Hard Candy
- CC Tinted Moisturizer Stick, 830 light – Hard Candy
- Blendable Concealer Duo, medium light – Hard Candy
- So Baked Bronzer, 129 tiki – Hard Candy
- Nail Color, 797 king of pop – Hard Candy
- 12HR Waterproof Eye Crayon, blondie – Hard Candy
- Ombre Lipstick, playful – Hard Candy
- Colourstick Hair Crayon – Dippity Do
- ColourPop Pastels Temporary Hair Powder – Dippity Do
You can’t win if you don’t enter!
Thanks again to Hard Candy & Katelyn from The Skinny Blonde Girl Blog
Today I sit at my new desk for the first full day and I am super happy about it! I get distracted pretty easily when people are in front of me, so this move will make me less chatty and more productive. It’s funny that my report cards always used to say I talk alot and now I talk to people all day for a living
It’s been a crappy weather week here in Toronto. Yesterday and today feel like Fall weather. I’m not ready for the Fall or Winter yet. I feel like we haven’t even had a summer! I think it’s because I didn’t go on any vacations or do much this year. Last summer I did the Cadillac Driver Academy, went to Sean’s cottage with Casie a couple of times and our weekend at Viamede Resort was a big highlight. I want to get away sometime this month and hope I can make it happen!
- Not a long read but super cool! Neolithic Battlefield Unearthed in Wales
- BlogTO had a great post about Toronto’s secret tunnels
- I love shortkeys and ways to make using a computer more efficient. These 18 Cool Internet Tricks are really neat.
- 25 Awesome Furniture Design Ideas for Cats inspired me to buy Harley a mini cat tree to play on. And then I promptly returned it because he HATED it. But these ideas are really cool and he would LOVE them.
- I think this is very interesting, but wonder how kids will learn things like proper handwriting? Google’s New Program Pushes for Paperless Education.
- I’ve never lived in a condo and am honestly not interested in it. As a renter, I’ve lived in a 10 story apartment building but prefer to live in main floor house apartments. I thought this was a great read about the reality of raising a family in a condo – Stuck in Condoland.
- Back to school time is upon us again and I use to feel a bit sad that I wasn’t heading back to learn something new. I’ve been upgrading my skills and keep my mind sharp by taking online courses over the years (html, photoshop, PR courses, business courses) and when Hilary posted the link to Coursera on her FB I had to share here. Go forth and learn!!
- Adrian shared this with me today and it’s pretty cool 7 Deadly Sins as Depicted by Cat Illustrations.
- Science Says: Here’s The Facts About Aggressive Dogs -please watch this video if you have a dog, know a dog or have ever seen a dog in real life. “It all comes down to how you treat them when they are a puppy”. Aggressive human behaviour when training (yelling, hitting) tends to breed aggressive dogs… Some food for thought. Now share it.