Today’s Show & Tell is inspired by a post I read this morning on Raymi’s blog. I have been fortunate enough to jump into the world of blogging & social media and made some really great connections and friends. Today I want to highlight the blogs of the amazing women I have met IRL and those that inspire me on a daily basis.
- First off, if you haven’t read any Raymi you really need to start. Hers is the first blog I ever read and she inspired me from the beginning to start my own. I went from fangirl to friend after I semi-stalked her at a “How To Be Famous On The Internet” speaking engagment. Girl you are a pioneer and I think you are an amazing woman. Thanks for being there to talk to me when my shit hit the fan last Oct.
- You’ve all seen this little blondie mentioned in my posts and out at events. Casie Stewart writes a daily lifestyle blog and it is a very sunny and positive site. We met when I invited her to be media for IndieWeek 2009 and have been BFF ever since. I <3 you tons and thanks for putting some sunshine into my day 🙂
- Oh Miss Currybomb – what can I say about her? We have been friends since we were quite young and reconnected in the city a few years ago. Your blog is always interesting and I love how you write. Thank you for listening to my crazyness and for bbm’ing me to check out the latest “WTF is she doing now”
- KeriBlog aka The Canadian Explorer aka #Olympics correspondent for 2010 – a girl who loves Canada, tech & security. Your videos entertain me and make me smile, the safety and security tips you’ve posted are always added to my “To Try” and I think you are an amazing woman. Thanks for being you 🙂
- Lauren O’Nizzle – friendly, blonde internet kid. I freakin’ love reading your blog and you make me lulz on the daily. Your internet slang is ridiculous and your photoshopped pics and gifs make me want to learn how to do it. You also have the best About Me page I think I’ve ever read
Ok – maybe I should have called this the blonde girl brigade post instead…
- My pink hair inspiration came from Gala Darling – I had always wanted pink hair but never enough guts to do it. And then I came across her blog and her self-love attitude was beyond inspiring. I totally purchased her e-book/podcast series “Love and Sequins” and I thoroughly enjoyed her ideas and advice. Read her blog for a dose of self-love, awesome fashion sense and thoughtful articles.
- Zoetic Ebb is my latest girl crush. Not only is she ethereally gorgeous, she is an amazing artist and photographer. I love her style and design asthetic and her most recent project D4RT – a mobile art class that aims to bring workshops and public art projects to impoverished communities all over the world, with its first installment to take place in September of 2011 in Yantaló, Peru – is currently in need of funding and you should donate if you can.
- love Maegan is a California girl who is gorgeous and crafty. She makes the most amazing DIY crafts, outfits and accessories called Maeg-It yourself and I love her daily outfit posts. Maegan has great style in both her clothing and home and I love seeing her inspirations and finished projects. She is inspiring me to be more crafty and to try and make things myself.
- And last, but certainly not least, is Ree from The Pioneer Woman – this might not be the kind of thing you’d expect me to read looking at the other bloggers her, but this is one of my all time favourite blogs I’ve come across. Ree is a city girl turned ranch mom & wife and I kind of want her life. I love reading about her family and life on a ranch in the midwest. I hope one day to make it out there to see for myself. I love reading about her brother Mike and the impact he has on the community around him. It is the blog I go to when I’m in need of some relaxtion or peace and I just LOVE IT
I read many more blogs and my Google Reader list has about 60 on it but these are my daily must-reads. I love that some of you have become friends IRL and everyone inspires me and makes me want to continue to create and write my own site.
Thank you ladies for being my inspiration 🙂