I am in love with the Guess Summer 2015 Collection! I got a sneak preview of their new lookbook and had to share my favourites. This collection will be in stores May 2015. I love that they’ve brought back some of the classic pieces from the ’90’s. Yes I had a denim jumpsuit. Yes I might rock one again this year. I love the flirty floral patterns, the bright teal and coral colours and the cute dresses that can go from the office to date night.
Here are my top picks from the collection:
I was reading my February Monthly Horoscope from Susan Miller when I saw the prettiest necklace in her sidebar. I clicked the ad and discovered Sequin Jewelry.
Sequin is a NYC-based design studio founded in 2000 by sisters Kim and Linda Renk. Contemporary chic with a romantic edge, we are known for distinctive, directional jewelry that transcends fast fashion. Our line especially resonates with those who understand how to accessorize for the ultimate individual style statement.
The Star Maps Stellina necklace is what first caught my attention. I love Capricorn symbols and the delicate chain and stellina design is dainty and feminine and just my style!
The Star Maps Capricorn Stellina Necklace is my favourite
The Star Maps Collection illustrates the twelve astrological signs with beautifully detailed interpretations of constellations and zodiac symbols. Each medallion has been cast from an original Sequin illustration, and comes with an adjustable chain so that it can be worn in a variety of ways. Whether you’re devoted to your horoscope or just love what these celestial pieces represent, they’ll integrate perfectly with your own unique style.
These would make a perfect Valentine’s Day gift for any astrology lover and I am seriously coveting these necklaces.
The Star Maps Capricorn 3-Charm necklace is gorgeous as well.
I’ve been going through my inbox today and I’ve got all these great emails from PR’s with the hottest trends for Fall 2014. These are my top picks.
Lacc Beauty has launched some hot new colours from it’s La Couleur Couture nail polish. A vegan, cruetly-free and toxic-free nail polish has my name written all over it. I love the red, gun metal gray and gold polishes. The black is also a hot staple for fall/winter season and I can’t wait to get my hands on these and get a manicure!
Fall Trends from La Couleur Couture, a Canadian toxic-free, cruelty-free, vegan-friendly & fast drying nail polish
These three are my favourite of the Fall watch trends. I need the blue Fossil one.
Fossil – love the rose gold face
These boots from Pajar Canada are gorgeous! And they’re called Harli boots 🙂
Harli Boots from Pajar Canada $225
I have been in love with Nella Bella’s Vegan Handbags since I first saw Raymi & Casie with their gorgeous bags. The great news is that this Canadian brand is now in 250 Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutiques across the country! Congrats to Tarek & Nella Bella for this awesome acomplishment! The London bag will be mine one day…
I covet this bag – the Nella Bella London bag in Red $125
And last, but not least, this jewellrey by Magnolia is gorgeous. I’m in love with the Silver Flower-ish Chain with the green stone and I love how dainty the leaf necklace and rose bracelet are.
I was invited to attend the 11th Annual White Cashmere Collection and it was a breathtaking event. It’s hard to believe that it’s been 11 years since the first gorgeous designer bathroom tissue creations walked down the runway and the annual breast cancer fund and awareness rasier has seen the best of Canadian fashion lend their talents. This year’s collection was designed by Canada’s next generation of top fashion designers. Each designer was nominated by the collections past designers and it is so exciting to see these emerging designers creations made from 100% Cashmere Bathroom Tissue.
This year’s cast of 15 Canadian emerging design stars are:
- Hilary MacMillan, Nominated by Lucian Matis
- Sarah Nicol, Nominated by Izzy Camilleri
- Evan Clayton, Nominated by David Jack
- Lise Godel, Nominated by David Dunkley
- Eugene Paunil, Nominated by Christopher Paunil
- Franciska Veress, Nominated by Rita Tesolin
- Martin Lim, Nominated by Philippe Dubuc
- Alejandro Mendoza, Nominated by Nadya Toto
- Alan Ta, Nominated by Suhaila Niazi
- Ðuc C Nguyên, Nominated by Joseph Helmer
- Elysé Désinor, Nominated by Luko Marion
- Ken Chow, Nominated by Sunny Fong
- Pedram Karimi Nominated by Marie Saint Pierre
- Myles Sexton, Nominated by Caitlin Power
- Sarah Stevenson, Nominated by Farley Chatto.
Here are my favourite designs from the show:
You can check out all of the designs, designer profiles and info about the White Cashmere Collection 11 on the Facebook page. AND you can vote for your favourite design to win a Fashion Escape to NYC!! Click the image below for your chance to enter & win.
One of my favourite things to do is to online window shop. I’m always looking for new online clothing stores and have had a great list saved in my GoogleBookmarks for years. Recently I’ve shared some of my favorites with friends, so thought I should share it with you all as well.
This list is alphabetical and I’ve added a handy legend. I’ve labelled local/Canadian companies because paying customs on orders adds so much to the cost and can be a shock at the post office.
This will be an ever evolving list and if you have any websites to add or a review you’d like to contribute via guest post, send me a message or comment below and I’ll update the list.
- Canadian owned
- I’ve purchased from this online shop
- Click the star for my review on carlyanne.com
- BOLD — Canadian website version, ships from Canada – no customs fees
- Regular– US based or ships from US – expect customs fees
- Italics– Ships from or Company based Overseas – expect customs fees and longer delivery times
UPDATE: I didn’t like the affiliate stuff so deleted my account and removed all affiliate links
*Full disclosure – If there is a * beside the store name, this means I signed up for an affiliate link, so if you click on the link and purchase an item I will get a commission from the sale.
- Ann Taylor – We champion the modern working woman and her love of fashion and offer a unique combination of fashion, work and flattering fit.
- BabyGirl Boutique – A gaggle of geeky fashionistas in PDX dedicated to scouring the globe for the hottest, cutest, sassiest retro, rockabilly, and pinup fashions!
- Betsey Johnson – “Like red lipstick on the mouth, my products wake up and brighten and bring the wearer to life…drawing attention to her beauty and specialness…her moods and movements her…dreams and fantasies” – Betsey Johnson
- Bicyclette Boutique – A clothing boutique and a lifestyle brand that merges downtown, city life with a whimsical twist – street style meets fairy tale – Bicyclette closed their retail location but are alive and well online!
you can also visit them in person at 880 QUEEN ST. W. TORONTO, ON
- Bluenotes – Our roots are in denim and we service the casual, yet fashionable lifestyle.
- BooHoo – From Manchester’s best kept fashion secret combining cutting-edge design with an affordable price tag. Our philosophy is pretty simple: we don’t take fashion or life too seriously.
- Dress911 – A a small team that works to provide Canadians with an amazing selection of uniquely cute and fun fashions at great value.
- DressLily – An international online fashion clothing and accessory store that focuses on the very latest in affordable fashion styles – most of the same items as Rose Wholesale
- Dynamite – A Montreal based retailer with affordable trends that allow customers to go from the office to a chic night on the town, or a casual weekend, with an urban flare.
- eve and enoch – An Edmonton, Alberta based company that makes all of their clothing handmade in the studio, we believe in making clothing that makes you feel great.
- Forever 21 Canada -The Canadian site for Forever 21 features the latest trends at affordable prices.
- Gap Canada – The Canadian site for Gap, an All-American classic style
- Guess Canada – The Canadian site for Guess by the Marciano brothers, a young, sexy and adventurous style.
- Hate and Heartbreak – A a collection of unique and few of a kind clothes and accessories from film and wardrobe sets across Canada, curated by actress Kristin Fairlie. Hate and Heartbreak is about what comes after. Get out there and get it.
- H&M Canada – The Candian site for H&M, a European retailer that have hottest trends to the best in basics at an affordable price.
- Lily Boutique – an online boutique based out of Kentucky with cute dresses and other ladies and juniors clothing
- Mango – The Canadian site for Barcelona based Mango, fashion for the young, urban woman.
- Missguided – A UK based, online store that aims to stay on top of the latest trends in order to provide the best that the fashion world has to offer.
- Nasty Gal – An LA based company, founded in 2006 by Sophia Amoruso (author of GirlBoss) Nasty Gal is a global online destination for fashion-forward, free-thinking girls. In just five short years, the shop has grown to become an international style source offering both new and vintage clothing, shoes, and accessories. The name was inspired by the song and album “Nasty Gal.” Betty Davis, the patron saint of badass women, was known for her unapologetically sexy funk music which comprises our vision of femininity—complete with lamé platform thigh-high boots.
- Onze Shop – A Montreal based clothing shop featuring feminine, vintage inspired dresses and more.
- PinUp Girl Clothing – Started in 1999 by Laura Byrnes, this California based clothing company specializes in the highest quality vintage inspired fashion, shoes and accessories for women of every size! Their original designs are cut to flatter your curves and make you look as beautiful as you feel, at prices to fit every budget
- Rebel Circus – An NYC based company featuring pinup, punk rock, alternative, rockabilly and tattoo clothing.
- Ricki’s – A Canadian clothing store that carries the latest looks for work & weekend, in sizes 0-18, with pants in multiple lengths. They carry everything from suiting options to great mix and match pieces, jeans, tees, and more.
- Rose Wholesale – A Singapore based online clothing retailer that sells the latest designs at wholesale prices – most of the same items as DressLily.
- RW & Co – A Canadian retailer featuring modern collections designed to inspire confident, individual style from workday to weekend, and with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- RoseGal – A Chinese based retailer, RoseGal was started by a group of friends who all share a deep and abiding passion for stunning clothing and fashion. Specifically, it is the intimate fusion of endless possibilities that vintage and modern apparel has to offer.
- Simons – Le Maison Simons has been in business since 1840 and evolved into a specialty fashion retailer in 1952. They are now an online department store featuring fashionwith physical locations in Alberta & Quebec.
- Urban Outfitters – The Canadian site for Urban Outfitters. They offer an eclectic mix of merchandise. from men’s & women’s apparel and accessories for the educated, urban-minded individual in the 18 to 30 year-old range.
- Victoria’s Secret – The world’s best bras. The sexiest lingerie. From beauty & sleepwear to fashion & swim.
- White House, Black Market – They started as a single, tiny neighborhood boutique in Baltimore, Maryland and their passion has always been to make women feel beautiful with clothing that features the honest simplicity of black and white, and the remarkable individuality of the different styles they build from it.
- Katherine’s Bridal Boutique – Here you can find a dress for your special day. They work with designers like Alvina Valenta, Maggie Sottero, Allure Bridals, Watters, Wtoo, and Ti Adora to provide customers with a variety of styles for wedding dresses.
- YesStyle – The Canadian site for YesStyle, they feature fashion and lifestyle products from Asia.
- Zara – The Canadian site for the Spanish clothing and accessories retailer featuring chic, trendy and casual clothing.