The party to attend at TIFF was the Blue Is The Warmest Colour afterparty at the Thompson Hotel Rooftop hosted by Disaronno.
My sis and I went to check out the event, had a delish prosecco & Disaronno cocktail, saw some babes and had our picture taken.
Me, Kristin & Casie
Apparently I tilt my head in photos now – which is evident in all photos from the last 2 weeks.
We had a blast! Thanks for a great night!
Jason and I got Media Passes to go and see The Tragically Hip on Canada Day in Barrie. We didn’t have anything special planned and we were excited to go and do one of the most Canadian things you can do on Canada Day 🙂 Luckily babes Casie & Brock were on their way up as well so we all got to hang.
First we drove up to a Casie’s friend Sean’s cottage in Gravenhurst and it was a beautiful drive. It was on Morrison Lake and was so peaceful and warm. We went in the water and for a ride on a boat while Sean wakeboarded.
Then we went over to another cottage to pick up some friends and headed to Burl’s Creek Family Trailer Park for the show. We couldn’t get in the event quickly enough to see Death Cab for Cutie’s set but we heard it from outside and they were pretty great 🙂
The Hip came on just after 9pm and were awesome as usual. The last time I saw them was about 6 years ago at the ACC so it was really cool to see them at an outdoor venue. The special guest was the lovely Sarah Harmer – who dueted on a couple of songs including my FAVOURITE Hip song “Wheat Kings”.
For the rest of the photos you can check out my album here
and I’ve got some videos to post as well, but of course they take forever to upload to YouTube.
Thank you so much to my wonderful friends at Matchstick for giving myself and my American man the most Canadian Canada Day we could have had. It was a blast and we can’t wait for next year!
I’ve got a super cool opportunity for emerging bands/artist that I’m going to post tomorrow AM in partnership with Canadian Club so make sure you stay tuned.
If you live in Ontario and are 18 + I hope you plan on voting today! Go to Elections Ontario
to find locations
and any other info. You can even vote if you don’t have a voters registration card by bringing these acceptable forms of ID
and voting locations are open 9am-9pm, so there’s really no excuse.
After voting I’m gonna head down to Workpace One to check out Social Media Marketing 101.
Casie & Sheldon are speaking and I’m interested to learn about Daryl D’Souza’s business. Workplace One is a shared office space for entrepreneurs, small businesses and professionals. I think it’s a great idea and I’m looking forward to seeing what their space looks like.
Because I’m all about change and growth right now as soon as I saw this personality quiz from the NYT on Casie‘s blog via Lauren I had to see what it said about me and share it with you:
You are culturally adventurous in all walks of life and love to explore different avenues of tastes and trends. Because your body is also important to you, you look for flavors that are unusual but still healthy and delicious, and you are constantly on the lookout for the next food trend. You are an emotional spirit and you make really strong connections. Good friends and lots of laughs are the recipe for really happy days. And nights!
You’re sophisticated and inquisitive with a real passion for art and culture. You pride yourself on being an early adopter of the latest music and films and always like to have a good book on the go. Your ability to bring together very diverse and even dissenting opinions is rooted in your appreciation for all points of view. You believe in immersing yourself in interesting experiences that make you look at people, places and opportunities from new angles. Being sensitive and creative you want to feel connected to the world around you and actively seek out opportunities to explore it. It’s all about broadening your horizons and living life to the full. Anything else would not fulfill your curious nature. You’ll love the list of The Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made, the Critics’ Picks and Arts Beat.
I think it sounds perfect.
Been a really busy week at work and it’s been interesting being in the office by myself. I can’t believe this weekend is Thanksgiving. I’m really looking forward to a long weekend 🙂
Don’t forget to enter the contest to win a SambaDays Explore Experience
Today’s Show & Tell is inspired by a post I read this morning on Raymi’s blog. I have been fortunate enough to jump into the world of blogging & social media and made some really great connections and friends. Today I want to highlight the blogs of the amazing women I have met IRL and those that inspire me on a daily basis.
- First off, if you haven’t read any Raymi you really need to start. Hers is the first blog I ever read and she inspired me from the beginning to start my own. I went from fangirl to friend after I semi-stalked her at a “How To Be Famous On The Internet” speaking engagment. Girl you are a pioneer and I think you are an amazing woman. Thanks for being there to talk to me when my shit hit the fan last Oct.
- You’ve all seen this little blondie mentioned in my posts and out at events. Casie Stewart writes a daily lifestyle blog and it is a very sunny and positive site. We met when I invited her to be media for IndieWeek 2009 and have been BFF ever since. I <3 you tons and thanks for putting some sunshine into my day 🙂
- Oh Miss Currybomb – what can I say about her? We have been friends since we were quite young and reconnected in the city a few years ago. Your blog is always interesting and I love how you write. Thank you for listening to my crazyness and for bbm’ing me to check out the latest “WTF is she doing now”
- KeriBlog aka The Canadian Explorer aka #Olympics correspondent for 2010 – a girl who loves Canada, tech & security. Your videos entertain me and make me smile, the safety and security tips you’ve posted are always added to my “To Try” and I think you are an amazing woman. Thanks for being you 🙂
- Lauren O’Nizzle – friendly, blonde internet kid. I freakin’ love reading your blog and you make me lulz on the daily. Your internet slang is ridiculous and your photoshopped pics and gifs make me want to learn how to do it. You also have the best About Me page I think I’ve ever read
Ok – maybe I should have called this the blonde girl brigade post instead…
- My pink hair inspiration came from Gala Darling – I had always wanted pink hair but never enough guts to do it. And then I came across her blog and her self-love attitude was beyond inspiring. I totally purchased her e-book/podcast series “Love and Sequins” and I thoroughly enjoyed her ideas and advice. Read her blog for a dose of self-love, awesome fashion sense and thoughtful articles.
- Zoetic Ebb is my latest girl crush. Not only is she ethereally gorgeous, she is an amazing artist and photographer. I love her style and design asthetic and her most recent project D4RT – a mobile art class that aims to bring workshops and public art projects to impoverished communities all over the world, with its first installment to take place in September of 2011 in Yantaló, Peru – is currently in need of funding and you should donate if you can.
- love Maegan is a California girl who is gorgeous and crafty. She makes the most amazing DIY crafts, outfits and accessories called Maeg-It yourself and I love her daily outfit posts. Maegan has great style in both her clothing and home and I love seeing her inspirations and finished projects. She is inspiring me to be more crafty and to try and make things myself.
- And last, but certainly not least, is Ree from The Pioneer Woman – this might not be the kind of thing you’d expect me to read looking at the other bloggers her, but this is one of my all time favourite blogs I’ve come across. Ree is a city girl turned ranch mom & wife and I kind of want her life. I love reading about her family and life on a ranch in the midwest. I hope one day to make it out there to see for myself. I love reading about her brother Mike and the impact he has on the community around him. It is the blog I go to when I’m in need of some relaxtion or peace and I just LOVE IT
I read many more blogs and my Google Reader list has about 60 on it but these are my daily must-reads. I love that some of you have become friends IRL and everyone inspires me and makes me want to continue to create and write my own site.
Thank you ladies for being my inspiration 🙂
Going to A Panel Discussion on Panel Discussions tonight with Kathryn and maybe Jason if I can drag him downtown. Looking forward to hearing Casie, Erin Bury & Late July speak. The boys on the panel should be interesting as well, but I’m showing love to the ladies today. It’s FREE and for more info and tickets go HERE
Had an amazing weekend of doing, well not really too much. Saturday was a pretty lazy day of cleaning, unpacking and eating. Then some beer drinking and Jason and I wandered down to check out the Woodbine Park Jazz Fest. Then we strolled down to Lick’s so I could introduce Jason to my favourite burger place. I LOVE their Nature Burgers soo much. After an evening of walking we went home to finish watching Trailer Park Boys. Jason has been “studying Canadian culture” as he puts it and has watched all seasons of TPB.
#SundayFunday was spent at Mom & Dad’s house by the pool. Such a beautiful day and I love how nice it is at their house. I’ve been thinking of asking if I can have a pool party up there. I think it’d be a blast to get everyone out of the city for a day and Mom & Dad would love it. I’m definitely gonna ask. After spending the day poolside we came home to a clean house and I got to work on a kind of assignment for something new that I’m working towards. Jason made us a late night dinner of Grilled Cheese with Pickles (SO GOOD), mixed greens salad and tomato soup.
The perfect end to a nice weekend. What did you do?