I’m just back from a great yoga class and it’s snowing outside my window. I’ve got my Forever Nuts afternoon tea and I’m ready to tackle a whole pile of things on my To Do List. But first, a little update for you on my February goals and challenges. I’ve fallen off the wagon a little bit the past couple weeks, but this week I managed to get myself back on track.
- In February Jason and I challenged ourselves to a “Dry February” to cut out drinking for the month. We ended our challenge early (Feb 24) and I was successful in not have a drink the entire time. Jason had a beer on Day 1 (good start, lol) and a sip or something during a night out with friends.
- We did pretty well at curbing our spending and only purchasing necessities, until about the 24th of February when family came in for the funeral. That being said, we were able to save by cutting out excess, that we were able to have extra to cover the unexpected last week.
- Working out – I’ve been loving the classes at Toronto Yoga Mamas and have done Yoga Babies, Pilates Babies, Barre Babies and a Moms only Energizing Flow Yoga class. The Barre & Flow classes kicked my butt big time, but I’m already noticing a change in how I feel, both mentally and physically. Since I started my membership on Feb 1st I’ve been to 10 different classes, which is more than I’ve ever worked out as an adult!
- Blogging – I got off to a good start on my goal of 1 post per week with some weeks even having 2 posts! I took a bit of a break due to our family’s loss, but continued to write and save a few draft posts to keep my writing momentum going. I’m really looking forward to continuing on with this challenge and I hope you enjoy reading 🙂
Have you started anything new yet this year? How is it going?
Now onto our Show & Tell for the day:
- This is great news “Canada is passing a new bill that seeks to prohibit the testing of cosmetic products on animals, as well as the sale of cosmetic products that use animal testing. ” This is something that I think is long overdue.
- And a big Congratulations to Democratic Institutions Minister Karina Gould who made history with a big step forward for women when she became Canada’s first cabinet minister to give birth while in office. – Ok, TBH that is actually insane that she is the first.
- My brother loved Lego when he was a kid and I can’t wait until Abigail is old enough to play with it. Luckily “the first Lego pieces made from plant-based plastic sourced from sugar cane will go on sale this year, the company has announced.“
- I had no idea that there was such a thing as a Furniture Bank but Toronto has one and they are in need of your gently worn furniture for donation. Help out a family in need if you’ve got stuff to get rid of!
- I have been making more and more of our food from scratch and had to share this post of “25 Old-Fashioned Recipes Your Grandma Knew By Heart“
- I’ve heard a lot of talk about Elderberry Syrup for cold and flu prevention and although Abigail isn’t old enough to have it, I think it can’t hurt for me to try it! Here’s a great recipe to make Homemade Elderberry Syrup that is on my current list of Things to Make!
- As part of my job I am constantly asking people questions to get to know them better so I found this a pretty good read “9 Questions Interesting People Ask to Cut Through the Small Talk.“
- Since having Abigail, I’ve been more conscious of the products I’m using – with her and myself as well. I have been wanting to detox my beauty routine and this article “How to switch to natural deodorant and other ways to detox your beauty routine” is great insight to get me started.
- Since it’s almost March Break, I thought I’d share these “36 Disney World Hacks That Will Make Your Trip Even More Magical“. It’s one you have to click through unfortunately, but they are actually really great tips that I’ve saved!
- My Facebook memory for today is this baby photo of Finn. He was just 2 months old and it was his first trip to the Marina
Have a great weekend!