This has been a great week. Probably one of the best weeks of my life so far. Tomorrow we actually have to sit down and start planning a wedding, which is such a foreign concept to me and I have no idea where to start! I’ve got to give you guys fair warning that I will be posting about wedding stuff over the next few months. I will make sure for every wedding-ish post that I’ll do a regular one but this event has really inspired me to write! Woo hoo!
Sooo, in other news, I’ve been MIA on the Show & Tell posts since February (sorry!) so here is an extra long one to get you through the rest of the day.
- This weekend the Evergreen Brickworks is having and Earth Day Weekend! It’s a full weekend of events with something for everyone! “Spring into nature and celebrate Earth Day® at Evergreen Brick Works! Explore the spring sights, sounds and wildlife at Evergreen Brick Works and Toronto’s Don Valley.”
- You might remember a few weeks ago the “Dicks By Mail” post going viral. Well I jumped on the bandwagon and sent a “Bag of Dicks” to Jason for his birthday. Coincidentally we got engaged a week later…lol!
- Spring is finally here and I am in clean, declutter and get rid of mode. Then I saw the Poppin Office Collection on The Domestic Peach and I am now in time to reorganize, redo and update my home office! I LOVE office supplies and these bright colours will bring a pop of colour and happiness to my workspace.
- I loved these 21 Beauty Tricks for Beginners – especially the “triangle under eyes” trick.
- Science says lasting relationships come down to two basic traits – and they are so simple it’s amazing that more people don’t realize it. The secret to a healthy, happy and lasting relationship is… Read the whole article here.
- This is SO COOL –Freedom Cove, B.C. Float Home, Is A Whole New Level Of Off-Grid Living.
- As I sit here trying to finish my 500ml CocaCola and a headache creeps in, and I have to share this – This is what one sip soda does to your body. UGH!
- The Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve announced their Top Ten Amazing Places that celebrate locations in the 30,000 Islands of Ontario that truly capture the beauty of this unique freshwater archipelago (the largest in the world). I LOVE ONTARIO!
- I have been asked this question so many times – “What will it look like when you are older and tattooed?” Um, well I guess I’ll look FUCKING AWESOME.
- Nubby shared this great post on Archiving Your Digital Life.
- A farmer in Vietnam explored a “hole in the rock” and it turned out to be an untouched paradise!
- A California company called Reduce. Reuse. Grow has designed a coffee cup that is not only biodegradable, but even has seeds in its walls so that it can be planted and grown! I would love to see Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Second Cup and every other coffee company get behind this! I would definitely base my choice of “take out coffee” on who had the most sustainable and environmentally friendly option.
- Attention Blue Eyed People. We all come from the same common ancestor. CRAZY!
- This is big news in Toronto and I actually can’t wait to see how it turns out. The Honest Ed’s redevelopment plans include several surprises: 1,000 rental apartments, many of them family-sized, and no condominiums for sale; a permanent public market; and retail space largely divided into small units that mimic the scale of existing storefronts on Bloor Street.
- Back in March I attended the Bessie’s Awards and you may have seen me live tweeting how the Always “Like A Girl” campaign won Best of Show. This campaign has started a global movement of girls show they things they do “Like A Girl”. It’s great. Watch it. Share it. And keep doing your thing Like A Girl.