Happy Friday Lovelies! Today has started off pretty great. Woke up before my alarm feeling like I had a great sleep, got a ride in to work from a super hot man (Pony) and made a lunch date for next Friday to see one of my favourite girls.
It’s been another whirlwind of a week and there are no signs of slowing down. I’ve been laying low in the evenings and we’ve almost watched all of Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy this week. Yes I’m late to the party, but man it’s such a great show. I am literally on the edge of my seat and having anxiety for most of every episode and I’m going to be sad when it’s all said and done.
This weekend will be a busy one as well. I’ve got a baby shower, maybe a wedding dress fitting with one of my ladies, fixing the stairs in our new place and maybe even getting carpet! So grown up, I know. haha
- We Won The Internets! For real! Yesterday, the FCC voted on a monumental decision to approve strong net neutrality rules. Net Neutrality is “the principle that Internet service providers and governments should treat all data on the Internet equally, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, site, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.” – Wikipedia
- A Mermaid School is coming to Toronto. AquaSirene opened in Montreal and due to the fast growth they will be in Toronto by the end of the sumer! Seriously, you can learn to swim like Ariel and wear a beautiful sparkly fin. We used to pretend to be mermaids all the time when we were swimming and I am absolutely going to sign up. I wonder if it’s hard?
- If you have $4000 you can have a brand new pair of underwear every day for a year. Yes, that’s right, for only 4K you can get 365 pairs of underwear from MeUndies. They will customize this pack so you can get mens or womens styles. But seriously, where the heck would you keep this many pairs of underwear?
- I stayed away from the ridiculousness of the Oscars this year, but when I saw the celebrity portraits done at the Vanity Fair Oscars Party by Mark Seliger, I had to share.
- This Guy Found a Trap Door In His New Apartment. What He Found Is Hauntingly Awesome. Enough said. Just have a look.
- Daniel at my office made me feel old because he didn’t know who Warren G was. If you don’t know who he is, then please Google him. Warren G & Kenny G performing “Regulate” is what brought this conversation on.
- I haven’t seen enough of my beautiful country and because we’re stuck here for the next year waiting for Pony’s paperwork, I want to see as much as we can. Check out these 32 Photos that Show What You’re Missing by Not Travelling Canada. They are breathtaking.
- Speaking of beauty, the lovely Christine Estima wrote a great piece for Vice called My Eyes Are Down Here: Calling Bushy Eyebrows ‘Exotic’ Is Insulting. I love her writing.
- Banksy has travelled to Gaza for his latest street art project, intended to highlight the destruction there. The Internet is more likely to look at pictures of cats, so that’s what he’s given us. Please watch this video. It’s not violent, but we literally have NO IDEA.