Today started with some fantastic news. Jason’s work permit was approved and he can stay in the country & work!!! Then we went outside to get in the car so he could take me to work and the battery was dead. So he pushed it out of the driveway and down the alley we tried to use the momentum to start it, but it was super dead. So we got one of the construction workers for the new condos to boost us, but it still wouldn’t start. Luckily they had a 100amp battery charger so we sat with it charging the batter for about a half hour then it started. Needless to say I didn’t make it to the office for 9am.
So without further ado, here is this week’s Show & Tell:
- You’ve likely seen the 4-Year Old who makes paper costumes with her Mom and it is so awesome I had to share it.
- So my Dad didn’t literally say these exact words but most of the advice is similar. Please read it 13 Pieces of Relationship Advice My Dad Gave Me.
- The UNICEF Tap Project is working to help the 768 million people around the world without access to clean water. This year you can help by taking a challenge to give up access to something far less vital than water–your cell phone. For every 10 minutes you don’t touch your phone, our sponsor can provide one day of clean water for a child in need.*
Go without your phone to help give clean water to children in need. Take the challenge on your mobile phone at: uniceftapproject.org.
- My man has some very gentlemanly qualities about him, which I appreciate immensely and I love these 10 Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Make Cool Again. He does most of them 🙂 AND if we all try tip #8 we can help the UNICEF Tap Project above.
- To be honest, I am sick to death of seeing airbrushed, perfect looking female celebrities on magazine covers. I was super impressed with this post sharing 23 Magazine Covers That Got It Right When Depicting Powerful Women. “I am Woman. Hear Me Roar!”
- This year I got myself a CAA membership and I love it so far. They send out a newsletter and one of the recent articles is The 7 Wonders of Canada (as Voted by Canadians!) and I’ve only seen Niagara Falls and been to Whistler skiing. Time to get out and see my country!
- 3D printing has been all over the place lately and this article says The Answer to Affordable Housing Could Lie Within a 3D Printer.
- I don’t have children yet and if I do, I’m pretty sure they will grow up similar to how I did. Yes our parents were always there for us, but we were given the opportunity to learn by doing, making our own mistakes along the way, and it helped me grow up into the confident and successful woman I am today. So when I read these 7 Crippling Parenting Behaviours That Keep Children from Growing into Leaders I was very surprised to read that people do this.
- This article’s title is shocking but he’s talking about his wife. I think it’s a great idea. This Man Is Dating Someone Even Though He’s Married. Sounds Disgusting, But I’m On His Side.
- Portraits of Afghan Child Refugees Show the Legacy of Conflict is heartbreaking. There will be a whole generation of children with little to no education or any hope for a better life. It breaks my heart. They are the real casualties of war.