I’ve been cleaning with my Seventh Generation products for a week now and I know my review and contest have been delayed. I’ve honestly just been too busy to sit down and write this week but expect the contest and review to go live first thing Mon Nov 25, 2013!
In keeping with my business, tonight I came hone and had to do some work. I gave up my desk for a great side table and so for now I am using the kitchen as my office. It’s a better place, more light and I can look out the back sliding doors. Well we hadn’t run the dishwasher from last night because there was no dishwasher soap and I need to have a clean space to work in. I had a call booked, so couldn’t run out but had to get the kitchen tidy enough to work in.
Here is my disgusting dishwasher and I can’t believe I’m posting in online. Sorry Mom. I had to show the reality for this review.
- Baking Soda
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Seventh Generation Lavender, Floral and Mint Natural Dish Liquid
- Spread 2 Tablespoons baking powder in the center of the dishwasher door (see photo below)
- Add 3 drops of Seventh Generation Lavender, Floral and Mint Natural Dish Liquid to the soap holder
- Add 2 Tablespoons or so to top off the soap holder
- Add 1 tablespoon baking soda to soap holder – it will foam
- Turn dishwasher on – for this load the setting was Heavy Wash (food from last night)
The dish soap didn’t cause a huge foam mess, so luckily I don’t have to clean it up and my dishes came out sparkling clean. The cups don’t have spots on them and then only thing that didn’t get clean was some burnt on potato and zucchini chunks – yes it was me doing the burning. I would use this again and am going to see if I can make a proper batch so that Pony will use it too.
He ended up bringing dishwasher soap home tonight, so looks like we’ll have a backup while I try to make the switch!
Tomorrow I’m off for a day of rest and relaxation at the Scandanave Spa at Blue Mountain and I can’t wait!