Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Today started off a little rocky for me. My alarm didn’t go off and of course that always gives me a panic attack when you realize that it’s 8:23am and you have to get your butt downtown by 9. I made it though!
I’ve been at my new job for two weeks now and I really like it. I’ve missed being with a bunch of people on a daily basis and am lucky to be working with such a smart, friendly group 🙂
Tomorrow I leave for a one week vacay to Florida, Fort Myers Beach to be exact. I know it’s a little soon after starting a job but I had it planned before I started so it’s ok. I am so excited to be on the island and see our friends and family. We’re gonna stay in a hotel for a few nights as well so it will be like a real vacation and not just a visit! But shhhhh to any of my FMB friends who read this – we’re surprising Pony’s mom for her bday!
- I used to go home for lunch every day because my office was so close but now I’m downtown and am trying to bring my lunch/snacks to get me through the day – here are 5 Great Snacks to Bring to Work This Week
- Here’s an interesting read from an American Ex-Pat 10 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About America – I’d love to hear thoughts from anyone!
- I stumbled upon a pretty interesting infographic on Why Cannabis is Illegal – it really makes you think
- I’ve been compiling cool DIY projects to reuse household items and am going to make this Cell Phone Holder for myself.
- Someone just posted this on Facebook and it is AMAZING – Celebrity Make Unders
- Another great DIY home remedy – Make Your Own Wax for Hair Removal
- Some insight for you Men – It’s Not Difficult to Make a Woman Happy
- This makes me happy Transgender Student Named Prom Queen at Ontario Highschool
- Want to play with turntables at work? Check out The Wheels of Steel (thanks Adrian)
- When huge superstores leave empty buildings behind what do you do with it? Where Walmart Fails, a Library Succeeds
- NASA has released a new panorama from its Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity, showing the terrain where the robot spent the four-month Martian winter via Mashable
- I hadn’t heard of this until my colleague Matt shared it, but it is awesome Bing | Decode Jay-Z Case Study