Can you believe it’s Labour Day weekend already? It’s kind of bittersweet, the end of summer. It has been a pretty busy and fun summer and I’m going to miss it, but I’m really looking forward to Fall and moving forward with everything. I’ve been in a perpetual summer it seems, since January of this year and yesterday felt like the beginning of another new chapter.
This weekend is going to be all about relaxing. I’m going to unplug and not make any plans and see where the weekend takes me. Do you have any plans this weekend?
If you’re working today I’ve got some pretty good time waster links for Show & Tell. I’ve got a double dose of them since I was too busy last week to post.
- Toronto’s City Council is currently looking to reduce the budget and they are proposing changes like reducing service quality (making emergency response time over 2 hours), eliminating pet licenses and even contracting out the services. Please sign this petition to let City Council know that it’s important to YOU as Torontonian that TAS remain public and well-funded!
- Here are some interesting vintage photos of rockstars in their bathing suits. Some of them are pretty awkward and wait til you David Bowie…
- Tony Wong wrote about going a full week eating only groceries you can buy at the Dollar Store. I was kind of grossed out.
- Recently I stumbled upon A Beautiful Mess and it’s been added to my Google Reader. Elsie is the writer and she wrote 5 Tips for Better Self Portraits and anyone who is taking their own photos should read it.
- I think I found this one via Gala, Heidi & Spencer talk about When Reality-TV Fame Runs Dry and it’s actually pretty good to read. It’s interesting to hear their point of view and what they learned about fame.
- I love photo sets and 70 Photos That Will Take Your Breath Away doesn’t disappoint.
- Carli Davidson photographed dogs shaking off water. Too funny!
- Have you guys seen my sister Kristin’s online clothing collection and store? Hate and Heartbreak is the name and they have “clothes for the bruised and broken”
- Wow. This photoset simply called Cool Places is absolutely breathtaking. I can’t imagine some of these things are still standing and where are they?
- Elle.com have a great list called 25 Beauty Tips Reusing Household Items. I’m definitely going to try the olive oil and egg yolk hair mas and trick for old buttons!
- hahaha… 10 Cents a Minute?
- Bad parkers drive me nuts. Here are 19 Best Angry Windshield Notes
- “I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.” and more quotes by Hunter S. Thompson
- The Hairpin is another great site on my Google Reader and they show you How to Make Ice Cream Without A Machine – definitely going to try this. Maybe this weekend…
- Another gem from The Hairpin of bra ads from the past ummm… the nipple bra?
- Marc from Marc and Angel Hack Life has a really nice post on 60 Ways to make Life Simple Again – I think we could all use a bit of help simplifying. Things definitely get too hectic at times.
- Did you know that couples tend to mimick each other’s language styles? via Gala
- Looking to make a move? Here are the Top 10 Place to Live in the World
- The Rio Caño Cristales is a river, famous for its brilliant display of colors that the many varieties of algae and moss produce when they bloom
- And I’ll leave you this Friday afternoon before the long weekend with a video of someone making a weird paper thing