What a great week! The weather was beautiful – except for yesterday which was a little too hot – but I really can’t complain because it could be winter 🙂 I had a couple disappointing things happen which almost put me in a funk, but then I thought about them and it just made me want to work harder to achieve my goals. Got to catch up with some of my favourite people at the Murphy’s patio and spent some really good, quality time hanging out with my man.
This weekend we’re supposed to go up north to a pool party and then I have a bridal shower on Sunday but today my bro suggested camping and I’m kinda hoping we can do that instead. I haven’t been camping in YEARS. Like so long I can’t even remember the last time. I’m a pretty good camper, having been through the whole Girl Guides thing – all the way up to Pathfinders. I can waterproof a sleeping bag like it’s nobody’s business. I am desperate to go swimming again. I have to say that I really miss living on the Gulf of Mexico and being able to go to a beach whenever I want.
I’m running out of time to post today so here goes:
- I love horses and when I saw this article on Wild Konik ponies in England I had to share
- I can’t stand American Apparel or their ads. Flavourwire has a great post called Vintage Pin UP Alternatives to American Apparel Ads – check it out.
- I do, however, LOVE Courtney Love. Stylist has a cool photo post on her style evolution
- Are you in the market for a new job? Hate writing cover letters and not sure where to start? Here’s a helpful article from Smashing Magazine called What Makes A Great Cover Letter, According To Companies
- There has been a lot of stress around myself and my life lately and I’m really not one to take pills, so when I saw Fifteen Most Fabulous Herbal Sedatives it was a blessing in disguise. I drink Chamomile Sleepytime tea and have a lavender essence spray by The Body Shop that is amazing.
- I’m clearly not married, but these 5 Tips to Make Your Marriage Last are great ideas for anyone in a relationship.
- Some amazing long exposure photography examples. Man I need to learn how to use my camera properly!
- I may have posted this before, but it’s still in my To Post folder so here you go – Unfortunate Profile Photos, Slavic Style
- “Capturing the Perfect Kiss” is beautiful
- And last but not least “If Superheroes Were Hipsters“
Update – HOLY CRAP IT TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD MY BLOG – I’m working on a brand new design/layout and will get the loading time fixed as well. Hopefully the new site will launch August 1st!