What an inspiring and busy week I’ve had. I made the decision to enroll in a part-time Journalism certificate program at George Brown and had my first class on Wednesday. It’s the first time I’ve actually taken a College/University course and been interested in what the teacher is saying. I really love writing and am excited to be taking something useful to me. TIFF started last night and I went to the Stella Artois party with Casie, Brock and my brother, Aime, Bucky & Matt came as well. Pretty fun night. I <3 events with free alcohol and food. Figured out that I like beets last night. Sooooo good with herbed goat cheese and walnuts. Yum.
Have a full work day and then heading to the Vitamin Water party at The Backyard in a few hours to meet up with some friends and blog babes Casie & Lauren. TIFF madness is in full swing and I can’t wait for a great week of parties, films & friends.
OMG – just heard on the radio that Clint Eastwood is in town for TIFF. It would be absolutely amazing if I get to see him. OK, on to Show & Tell.
- I’ve got some Actors in films that screen at TIFF this year. Check out their films!
- The brilliant and talent Nadja Sayej of ArtStars is hosting a workshop at UofT next Sat Sept 18 from 2-4pm: ArtStars* and the PR Machine: A Workshop for Artists. I highly recommend an artist looking for ideas or help on self promotion check this out. It’s $10 and on a first come first served basis at te University of Toronto Art Centre 15 King’s College Circle. Comment or email me if you want more info.
- Back to the subject of higher education. Here’s a site that lists the Universities with the Best Free Online Courses
- Ryan Freitas wrote a really great post titled 35 Lessons in 35 Years – things he’s learned in life so far. I think it’s really good info and advice
- A few of the blogs I read posted this link to an advertisement found in Woman’s Day Magazine for Summer’s Eve – a feminine douche product – called “How to Ask for a Raise”
Violet Blue says it best: How To Get A Raise At Work? Clean Your Vagina. I personally think it is horrible that a woman’s magazine would promote douching. Your vagina is a self cleaning organizm and to shoot cleanser up there can cause serious health problems. Shame on your Woman’s Day. Sorry Guys
- Jim Rankin, a reporter from The Star, did a really interesting experiment giving homeless people pre-paid credit cards. A really great read.
- A really interesting entry on Wikipedia called Love Styles. How many of these different forms of “love” have you been in.
- I find Richard Branson pretty fascinating and he has certainly built himself an immense empire. The Wall Street Journal has a good article/Q&A titled “If I Could Do It All Over Again“
- New York Times wrote a kind of scary article called Your Brain On Computers: Attached to Technology and Paying a Price
The nonstop interactivity is one of the most significant shifts ever in the human environment, said Adam Gazzaley, a neuroscientist at the University of California, San Francisco. “We are exposing our brains to an environment and asking them to do things we weren’t necessarily evolved to do,” he said. “We know already there are consequences.”
- Jessica Mullen has created a really neat series called Life Design: the practice of shaping your reality into the specific experiences you desire. I’ve read Lesson 1 so far and she has some really great and inspiring things to say.
- Do you love yourself? You are the most important person in the world to you, but do you know that? Zoe of Primped writes a self-love article called Make Sure You Love Yourself Sick Before You Leave The House Each Morning
I’m off to get ready for my next TIFF adventure. If you see me out make sure you say hi and let’s get our picture taken together
Have a great weekend!
My “1st Day of School” outfit