I tried to unplug this week and take a vacation but too many things came up to fully remove myself from the online world. As some of you know, I won a trip to New Orleans to meet Dita Von Teese from She Does The City. I’m taking my sister, Kristin and we leave next Tuesday for 3 days. That was definitely the highlight to my week and I can’t wait to go. This weekend will be spent packing and spending as much time with Chad as possible before he leaves on tour again. They play in Sauble Beach this Sunday and then leave for out West before heading to Asia for two weeks. Crazy to think where we were a year ago and now they are traveling to the other side of the world.
- Barbie is keeping herself relevant with today’s tech forward girls by releasing the next generation the Barbie Video Girl. She comes with a video camera embedded in her necklace and an LCD screen on her back. she comes with a pink USB cord and video editing software to take your playtime to the next level. I really want a Barbie Video Girl doll and I so wish they had these when I was little!
- Take your workday frustrations out on George Bush! This site lets you toss him around and bounce him off balls.
- Shimmer Like Gold posted this hunting cabin that has been refurbished to be a lovely little victorian inspired cottage. I would love to have a little place like this to hide away in and write.
- It’s hard to keep the romance in your relationship alive, and let’s be honest, boys are not the most romantic of creatures. Here are 50 Ways to Be Romantic on the Cheap to give you some great ideas that won’t break the bank.
- In November 2009 Tony Hsieh sold Zappos to Amazon. Why I Sold Zappos is a great read on his decision and how if affected the company, employees and culture.
- July Horoscopes are up from Susan Miller. I love her in-depth monthly scopes and she has an updated article “How To Deal With Eclipses” that was a really insightful read.
- Oliver Twardowski designed the “ultimate web designer’s icon set” exclusively for Smashing Magazine and its readers and it’s absolutely free to download and use.
- How many times have you actually looked at a copy of Yellow Pages in the last 5 years? Why are Bell and Yellow Pages still wasting paper to produce these? I think it should be an opt-in to receive a yellow pages book. People can sign up if they want one, otherwise use the internet.
Have a great weekend!