I went down to the Distillery District yesterday for a few different meetings and I had such a nice time. I hadn’t been there in about a year and I forgot how cool the area is. Had one meeting at Balzac’s and the others at the Mill St Brew Pub. Lots of exciting things are happening in my world and I can’t wait to share them.
- First, I want to recommend reading Kelly Cutrone’s book “If You Have To Cry, Go Outside”. I borrowed it from Casie and I have to get my own copy. It was inspiring, empowering and surprising and I think every woman should read it.
- My friend Miss C is walking in the Weekend to End Women’s Cancers and she is also holding a cake raffle to raise funds. Please help her reach her goal of raising $2000!
- This is absolutely insane. Limewire could be fined $1billion but BP Oil can only be fined up to $75 million for their oil spill.
- I’m in the market for new business cards and I want something that is different, but not too flashy. These 37 unusual business cards are pretty cool (via Nubby)
- This post from ilovewildfox is about how fame and peer pressure have affected Heidi Montag of The Hills. I think it’s important that young girls have access to better role models than some of these reality show girls. She really hits the nail right on the head.
- I’m kind of a big fan of online shopping. I love coming home to packages waiting for me. Already Pretty posted a great Online Shopping Cheat Sheet that has definitely helped me find the best deals.
- This one might be NSFW. Apparently this is a Prostitution Menu from the 1800′s or early 1900′s. Interesting. (via Gala)
- Hollywood’s studio logos are iconic of course, but have you ever wondered how they came about? Neatorama tells The Stories Behind Hollywood Studio Logos
- TimeOut New York has a helpful article on How to Get Travel Discounts – I’ve been planning a few different imaginary vacations. Hopefully I’ll get to go away soon.
- Kevin Cyr is an artist that created the Camper Cart and Camper Bike. Imagine living or vacationing in one of these? I think it’s an innovative idea and honestly it could be something good for homeless people.
That’s all for this week. I hope you guys have a great weekend. If you’re in Oshawa tonight, come to Karma for Hail The Villain’s show.