Happy 4th of July to all my American family and friends! We’ll be celebrating with an American BBQ in our backyard tonight.
Summer is finally here and the weather is beautiful. I can’t wait to spend the weekend outside with my puppy and then Sunday is the Divalicious 6 ladies cruise with Kristin.
- You HAVE to see these aerials photos of the Alberta Tar Sands. The environmental destruction is shocking to see and I can’t believe this is happening in our country. Why are we not moving towards a green fuel solution and instead devastating the Boreal Forest in search of Oil?
- 31 year old pilot Amelia Rose Earhart is on the quest of her namesake to become the youngest woman to fly a single-engine airplane around the world. Such an inspiring story and honestly, what else was she supposed to do with a name like that!?
Higher Perspective shared a great post on Original Unvertpackt, a new concept supermarket in Germany that is the first waste free supermarket in the world. None of their products come in a disposable box, bag, jar or other container and they encourage consumers to bring reusable containers to the store. I would LOVE to see this happen in Toronto.
- I am the worst morning person and I have the hardest time getting out of bed before 9am. I don’t know what it is so I’m always on the hunt for tips and tricks to get me up and running by 730! These 5 Health Mistakes Your’re Making by 10am were great advice.
- One of my girlfriends shared this on Facebook a while back and I had to post here. It’s a recipe for DIY Sunscreen!
- I’m a small girl and was a Size 0 and weighed under 100lbs until my mid-20’s. Since I’ve gotten older and my metabolism slowed down I’ve gained some weight and a couple sizes, but am still a pretty small person. I read This One’s For My Skinny Sisters by Janne Robinson and it was a really good read. We should respect each other’s body size whether we are big or small or something in between.
- Hold Fast and Stay Gold – A Canadian Tattoo Story raised 110% of it’s funding on Indiegogo! I am really excited to follow along on their travels and can’t wait to see the final documentary on the history of the Canadian tattoo industry.
- I liked the tips in this article 8 Workplace Resolutions for Women – but I don’t like that they used the word “bitch”. It’s demeaning and they could have said “the boss”.
- Jason sent me this on FB earlier this week and I love it 10 Signs Your Partner Is The Best Friend You Have In This World
- And finally, if you haven’t seen Sia’s Chandelier video (featuring Maddie Ziegler who is beyond fantastic), then stop what you are doing, put on your headphones and watch this.