Ahhhh… My first Show & Tell of the year and I’ve been looking forward to writing it. I stayed up way too late last night, working on my 2015 Blog Planner. I LOVE making things from scratch and it’s the first project I’m doing on my new MacbookPro. Yup. I finally upgraded my computer and bought myself a birthday present this year.
Jason and Finn surprised me with a Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake and the full family birthday song (if you’ve ever been around my family on a birthday then you know what I mean, the extended version with 3 extra verses). It’s been a bittersweet start to the year without my Harley, but my sister said something to me that has made it a little easier.
“When a pet passes away, they go off to play and chase birds and do all the things they ever wanted to do. Then, when they’ve had enough fun, they come home to you, curl up in your heart and stay forever.”
I know, it’s sweet and sad and I’m sorry if you’ve teared up. I thought it was worth sharing because I know most people have gone through this or will if they have a pet.
Ok, enough sad stuff. Life is good. It’s the start of a brand new year and I’m still on vacation until Monday. I’ve tried to stay off of social media, computer, internet and devices this month, so here’s a short & sweet Show & Tell to kick off 2015!
- Today is Day 1 of the Yoga With Adriene #30DaysofYoga challenge. I’m writing this post and then doing my first video. You should join in!
- Have you checked out your horoscope for 2015 yet? I love reading horoscopes and find that with a head up on the potential of each month, week or day, then I can make the most of it. My favourite sites are: Mystic Medusa (paid site, but well worth the $59 for a yearly subscription); AstrologyZone by Susan Miller is another of the best sites (sending well wishes, light & love to Susan as she has been under the weather) and finally the AstroTwins, Ophira & Tali.
- I don’t like making New Years’ Resolutions. I find that it’s too much pressure and I usually forget about them. So I set New Year’s Goals for myself and write them down to keep me on track. This year I’m also toying with the idea of making a “vision board” or something similar to put my goals front and center. There are some really great examples of vision boards HERE.
- I read this interesting post by Mashable last night “13 Unsolved Mysteries That Still Need Answers in 2015“.
- I read “50 Things I Want For My Little Sister” and have to share it. I wish these things for my amazing, caring, best friend of a sister and for my brother too. And this one, “23 Things That Only Sisters Understand“, because ugh.
- I’ll leave you with my favourite song of the year Hozier’s Take Me To Church – this version has a secret choir in the audience, surprising him by singing harmony. So beautiful and powerful.