♥ Happy New Year! ♥
I ended up having a pretty fun evening and am ready to kick off 2015 with a bang. I’m a Capricorn and pretty true to my sign, so this means I’m getting even more organized in my life, to make this year as good and productive as possible.
I love having my birthday January 01, because it feels like I get a real fresh start every year. I want to make the most of 2015 and have been working on few goal ideas over the Christmas break. I like to set goals every year instead of making resolutions, because it feels more concrete. I like to think that putting it out there for the world to see will keep me on track.
So for 2015, I’ve got the following goals:
- Put together a blog planner/organizer (I’ve almost got it ready to print) and get myself back on a regular blog scheduled. This is something I’ve said and written so many times since 2010. But this year I’m challenging myself to writing a new post every Monday to Friday and take the weekends off.
- Get on a regular Yoga schedule – I shared the Yoga With Adriene video earlier this year. Well she’s put together a FREE, 30 Days of Yoga challenge to get you started. It’s a video a day, built for all levels and the point is to empower you start regular yoga practice. She shared the first video “Start Here” today and the challenge begins tomorrow, Jan 02, 2015 if you want to join in!
- Weekend Digital Detox – I want to disconnect as much as possible on the weekends. Take a break from blogging, social media, email and my iPhone. This is going to be a hard one to do, but I was “ON” 355 days last year and it took it’s toll by the time the holidays came around. I don’t want to burn out and I feel like with my busy life I’m always attached and available.
- Eating healthy, making meals and food from scratch and being less wasteful with food. I’ve been getting Front Door Organics produce delivery for the past year or so and we love it. We get the Ontario box in summer and a Medium Brood box the rest of the year. I got a Breadman Breadmaker from Jason for Christmas and a KitchenAid Stand Mixer from Mom & Dad so I plan to make our bread instead of buying and cut down our groceries to dairy and dried goods purchases.
- Read 1 new book per month – I’m an avid reader and tend to re-read my favourites. I’d love recommendations on new books to try if anyone has one, and am going to start something new today.
- Take time out for me. Whether it’s to get my nails done, have a massage, a bath or just go out for a walk, I need to take some time to clear my head from the stress of everyday life, relax and refocus.
Thank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday today. It’s been a weird few days and I really appreciate everyone who has reached out.
Wishing you light, love and adventures in 2015!