I don’t have anything witty to write for you today but I want to get a Show & Tell up to give myself a bit of a break from life. It’s been super busy lately which is great, but it doesn’t give me enough time to really take a step back, relax and enjoy it all. I started a Yoga Challenge earlier this month and was doing really well the first two weeks, then craziness took over and I’ve only done it once since. The other night I was mega stressed and I took some time for myself to do the 20 minute Yoga With Adrienne video and it completely changed my mood.
Take time for yourself this weekend. Get outside, smell the last of the flower and tell the people around you how much they mean to you. Life is a gift and we are lucky to be alive.
- If you have spent any time in Toronto this summer, you had to deal with the atrocity of construction at every turn. It seems never ending and we’ve all heard how over-budget projects are. Read this Toronto Life post Gridlocked: how incompetence, pandering and baffling inertia have kept Toronto stuck in traffic.
- The Oldest Living Things In The World are astonishing.
- I am lucky to have a wonderful man in my life and he shares the most thoughtful things with me. Please read this post if you are in or ever want to be in a relationship. When She Becomes Yours: 10 Signs There’s No You And I, Only Us.
- Despite the construction, I LOVE my city. These 10 Secret Things You Might Not Know Existed in Toronto is interesting and makes me want to explore!
- Hanging With The Girl-Kings Of One Of The World’s Only Matriarchies
Mawlynnong isn’t like the rest of India, or the rest of the world for that matter. Tucked into the jungle of the northeast Indian state of Meghalaya, on the border of Bangladesh, the village is home to the indigenous Khasi people. Theirs is a matrilineal society, where women inherit land, children take their mothers’ names, and men marry into their wives’ family homes. The setting is also unique: lush, and so well-cared for, tourists across India visit to marvel at the lack of trash.”
- I recently found the Farmer’s Almanac online and have been reading up on the coming seasons. Here’s their Canadian Fall Forecast.
- I have yet to get Jason to do yoga with me – but these 10 Awesome Yoga Poses for Men are where we can start!
- The science is clear: we have to keep two-thirds of fossil fuels in the ground to avoid catastrophic climate change, so why are we looking for more? We need to start keeping oil in the ground, and the Amazon is a great place to start.Please watch the video below and then head on over to sign the petition to Call for an end to Amazon oil drilling!