Today I sit at my new desk for the first full day and I am super happy about it! I get distracted pretty easily when people are in front of me, so this move will make me less chatty and more productive. It’s funny that my report cards always used to say I talk alot and now I talk to people all day for a living 🙂
It’s been a crappy weather week here in Toronto. Yesterday and today feel like Fall weather. I’m not ready for the Fall or Winter yet. I feel like we haven’t even had a summer! I think it’s because I didn’t go on any vacations or do much this year. Last summer I did the Cadillac Driver Academy, went to Sean’s cottage with Casie a couple of times and our weekend at Viamede Resort was a big highlight. I want to get away sometime this month and hope I can make it happen!
- Not a long read but super cool! Neolithic Battlefield Unearthed in Wales
- BlogTO had a great post about Toronto’s secret tunnels
- I love shortkeys and ways to make using a computer more efficient. These 18 Cool Internet Tricks are really neat.
- 25 Awesome Furniture Design Ideas for Cats inspired me to buy Harley a mini cat tree to play on. And then I promptly returned it because he HATED it. But these ideas are really cool and he would LOVE them.
- I think this is very interesting, but wonder how kids will learn things like proper handwriting? Google’s New Program Pushes for Paperless Education.
- I’ve never lived in a condo and am honestly not interested in it. As a renter, I’ve lived in a 10 story apartment building but prefer to live in main floor house apartments. I thought this was a great read about the reality of raising a family in a condo – Stuck in Condoland.
- Back to school time is upon us again and I use to feel a bit sad that I wasn’t heading back to learn something new. I’ve been upgrading my skills and keep my mind sharp by taking online courses over the years (html, photoshop, PR courses, business courses) and when Hilary posted the link to Coursera on her FB I had to share here. Go forth and learn!!
- Adrian shared this with me today and it’s pretty cool 7 Deadly Sins as Depicted by Cat Illustrations.
- Science Says: Here’s The Facts About Aggressive Dogs -please watch this video if you have a dog, know a dog or have ever seen a dog in real life. “It all comes down to how you treat them when they are a puppy”. Aggressive human behaviour when training (yelling, hitting) tends to breed aggressive dogs… Some food for thought. Now share it.