Well this week has been an interesting one. We have to start some things over from scratch, but at least our puppy passed his Basic Obedience class and Harley has been too cute for words all week. I’m really looking forward to the weekend and the mound of paperwork we need to complete, but at least we can do it together, in front of a roaring fire 🙂
So far 2014 has been up and down, but honestly, what year isn’t? Life is a series of events, to test the strength of the people and relationships in your life and the way you react to them. We’re lucky that we have each other through thick and thin with an amazing support system. Thank you to everyone that gave us advice or a little room to breathe this past week.
Now, on to something a little happier and more fun. This week’s Show & Tell is a bit of a doozy, so here we go!
- 101 Uses for Every Day Things is a great read – new uses for Lemons, Newspaper and even Dryer Sheets!
- I have been trying to use less and less plastic and plastic containers in my house. So How to Store Vegetables & Fruit Without Plastic was a good find for me!
- Have a firm handshake, sing in the shower and keep secrets are just some of the 50 great Life’s Instructions from CITB.com
- Pick one bad habit you already have and ditch it for 30 days – what a great idea! Check out the rest of the 30 Challenges for 30 Days and be inspired to grow.
- I am such a fan of Life Hack’s and these Did You Know one’s are great!
- Now this is pretty cool. Here are 11 Actual Products Inspired by Film & TV Shows – we’ve all had an Everlasting Gobstopper, but have you had Cheesy Pouffs?
- I find ancient religions fascinating and this is an interesting read The Triptych Enigma: Freemasonry’s Forbidden Ancient “Universal Religion” Rediscovered
- Silly little stories that are actually really great lessons in this 5 Minute Management Course
- I love DIY and I love cooking, so these 11 DIY Recipes for your Favourite 90’s Snacks is awesome!
- And Here’s How Long Every Kind of Food Will Keep – good to know!
- I am guilty of throwing together a quick and office appropriate, but not altogether stylish, outfit for work, but I’m trying to step up my office fashion attire. These 7 Ways Your Grandmother Dressed Better Than You are true and things we should really bring back. Imagine your grandma went shopping in yoga pants and sneakers!?!?
- 2013 was an interesting year for women around the world. We are standing up for ourselves and our bodies more and more and giving a voice to those less fortunate around the world. The 28 Most Iconic Feminist Moments of 2013 made me really proud to be a woman. We’ve still got a long way to go, but with more and more women using their voices for good, we’ll get there eventually.
- You may have seen this on Facebook recently and I think it’s a beautiful photo set. Russian Mother Takes Magical Pictures of Her Two Kids With Animals On Her Farm
- And last, but certainly not least – a story about how one person’s kindness can literally change or save a life. You might remember the Find Mike campaign out of London. Well they found “Mike” and the video and message is powerful.