Here is a great internship, that will help aspiring Fashion folks get their foot in the door.
Stylist Box is looking for an intern to work on various projects, including Toronto International Film Festival, Toronto Fashion Week, and more. In this position as Showroom Intern, you will learn how a fashion showroom functions, build relationships with magazine editors, fashion stylists, publicists, celebrities, and media, and learn the process of how a fashion promotional showroom operates and more. Intern mentors include Christian Dare and Gail McInnes, co-owners of Stylist Box.
- Our showroom is open Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm. We are looking for a minimum 16 hours per week commitment – additional hours available during peak times, eg TIFF and WMCFW. We are flexible based on your program requirements
- Previous event experience preferred
- Organized and resourceful
- Meticulous with details
- Excellent internet navigation skills
- Must be discreet and trustworthy
- Outgoing personality, friendly disposition and a good sense of humour – cannot by shy around celebrities
- Excel, Photoshop, Word, Paint (basic skills)
- Strong social media presence is preferred (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.)
- Familiar with the Canadian fashion industry
- A minimum 2 month commitment
- Prefer students enrolled in communications/public relations/marketing program with a fashion focus
- Must be over the age of the majority
- Start date immediately
HOW TO APPLY:
Follow these instructions carefully. Please send your 2-page resume in pdf format with the following details in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: “STYLIST BOX INTERN SUBMISSION”:
Expected Year of Graduation:
Blog or website:
Explain in 100 words or less why you would like to work with us:
Please note we will only be contacting those we feel suitable for the position. No phone calls. This is an unpaid internship and is suitable for those enrolled in a post-secondary education.