This week was a hard one. My wonderful uncle passed away and for a family as close as ours it has been a trying time. I’ve been up and down, sad and happy and very reflective about life and what is important. Death has a way of bringing you back to reality and focusing on living your life to the fullest. My uncle had a great life and we will remember him as a strong man who lived the best life he could.
Life is too short to be mad, angry, jealous or mean. Do unto others as you would have done to you. I want to be an inspiration to people, give back to those that need it and be a strong role model. I love that anyone reads my blog and comments on what I have to say and please feel free to share with me privately if you don’t want to post on here.
Now that the serious stuff is out of the way, here are some great links to take us into the weekend!
- XOJane beauty editor Cat shares her best at-home teeth whitening products. I’ve been thinking my chompers could use a bit of brightening lately and I want to try them out.
- I think I found this on Mashable and it’s a site that takes you to each profile so you can see what apps you are using via social profiles and clean them up – Start 2012 by Taking 2 Minutes to Clean Your App Permissions
- I am still loving A Beautiful Mess and in a recent post she shares 5 Ways I Display Photos in my Home which I think it super great because most photos live on your computer or the internet now. I love my old photo albums and I don’t have nearly enough personal photos displayed. I remember when I first moved out I had a wall display of photos of friends & family and in the new house I want another one.
- Another A Beautiful Mess find that is going to be very helpful to a novice like me 5 Tips for Food Photography
- I posted last week about Aveda’s Scholarship Contest - if you’re interested in winning tuition to pursue your dream of being a top stylist then ENTER!
- Artist Guy Laramee literally carves mountains out of old books. Here is an article on him with images and you can check out his website HERE
- Found some really interesting Beauty Tips from All Over the World – from a Brazilian Cellulite Cure to a Chinese Anti-Aging Secret
- Led by the child who simply knew – an amazing story of hope for a young transgender person. Twin boys who were identical in every way but one. Wyatt was a girl to the core, and now lives as one, with the help of a brave, loving family and a path-breaking doctor’s care.
- How much should you tip when out at a restaurant? This great infographic shows Tipping Etiquette around the world (click image to enlarge)
That’s it for this week. I want everyone that reads this to make a point of telling the people closest to you that you love them.