This is one of my all-time favourite soups to make. I think it might even be my signature soup! It’s pretty easy to make and doesn’t take too long. The hardest part for me is to peel the squash. Enjoy.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded & cubed
2 vegetable bouillon cubes
salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, cumin and basil to taste
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sour cream
- Peel and remove seeds from squash. Cut into equal sized cubes and cover with water.
- Bring to a rolling boil and add 1 tbsp butter and your first round of spices.
- Boil until squash is soft then turn heat down to minimum and add vegetable bouillon cubes.
- Using a slotted spoon take squash from pot and put into blender and puree. **NOTE use oven mitts or a towel to hold the blender lid because the squash mixture is HOT!**
- Once squash is pureed, add it back into the pot of water and turn heat to medium.
- Add the rest of the butter, sour cream and spices to taste.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add a dollop of sourcream (or try cottage cheese) and serve
**My photo turned out terrible so I borrowed this one from Caroline Drake. Recipe is my own.