I heard on the radio this morning that only 47.5% of the population eligible to vote in Ontario did so last night. It’s one of the lowest turnouts they’ve had in recent years and I am honestly shocked. I have to admit I almost skipped out on voting to go to an event last night, but in the end decided that I better put my money where my mouth was and get my butt to the polls.
That got me to thinking about why people didn’t vote and I think it has a lot to do with not really caring about politics in general. My view of most politicians is really not good. I think they are generally sleazy and it’s unbelievable how they fight and bully each other. I think that they can’t pay attention to making policies because they’re too busy saying bad things about each other. We really need someone strong, who will listen to the people, help improve our economy and protect our natural resources and environment. There also needs to be something done about helping people understand the platforms and policies that each party is running on. Canada needs to step up it’s Elections campaigns and get more people voting!!
It’s important to have a say and you should do it. OK enough of my rant on voting. Here’s some Show & Tell…
- Happy Thanksgiving and cheers to the long weekend! Jason asked me the story behind Canadian Thanksgiving and I had to admit I wasn’t too sure. I know its to celebrate the harvest, but the only things that came to mind were Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims and the Addams Family movie where Pugsley & Wednesday destroy their camp. Here’s the official entry from Wikipedia
- An NSFW thought on Religion
- You must look at this haunting photos of modern day Paris spliced with photos taken during the German occupation in 1940 Ghosts of World War II: Paris
- If I had a dog I would get him this kong
- ShakeThatBrain put together a photo story based on the book “Fairy Tales Can Come True (Just Not Every Day)
- Ten Things I Have Learned by Milton Glasser is really good advice. Read it.
- This is kinda cool – Porsche Owner Saves 911 From Flood Using Inflatable Cushion
- hahaha… Dizzy Dee brings you Why Teaches Drink
- This is definitely creepy. The 6 Creepiest Places on Earth from Cracked
- I want to grow a pineapple at home!
- I want to go to the Maldives
That’s it for this week.
Happy Thanksgiving! Have a safe long weekend.