I’ve been cooking a lot more, now that I’m settled into the new place and my kitchen is fully unpacked, and I decided to introduce a new weekly post on the carlyanne.com blog called “Monday Munchies”. The recipes will be mostly vegetarian, but please note that I do eat dairy & eggs. I’ll make sure to tag which ones are completely Vegan.
You may have noticed that some of my older blog posts are MIA, this includes some of the yummy veggie recipes I shared. I’ll be re-creating the recipe posts and they will be included in future Monday Munchies posts.
To start us off I’ve made a Southern Style Potato Salad, approved by a real Florida boy 🙂
I based my recipe on Southern Potato Salad By: S0NGLADY and made it my own.
SOUTHERN STYLE POTATO SALAD
- 2 large potatoes (makes 4 servings)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or Veganaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tbsp President’s Choice Dijon Mayo
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 clove of garlic, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika to garnish
- Chop potatoes into similarly sized pieces. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add salt, pepper and potatoes and cook for approx 10 minutes until tender, but firm. Strain and place in glass bowl
- In another pot, hard boil eggs for 10 minutes, drain and fill pot with cold water. Leave eggs in here to cool while making your sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, sweet relish, dijon mayo, mustard, Frank’s, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Gently fold potatoes into mixture
- Chop eggs and toss into salad
- Serve warm or refrigerate for 1 hour and serve cold.