Last night Jason and I went to Echo Beach to see Morgan Cameron Ross open for Third Eye Blind. I had no idea that they were playing until we got there and Morgan asked the crowd if they were excited to see them! We had rushed down after work and made it in time to see the last few songs of his set. If you haven’t checked out his music yet you should get on it. Luckily I got to hear my two favourite songs “My Brother Went To Prison” and “Let It Go”.
We went over to say hi after his set and got CD’s and VIP passes (Thanks Morgan!) so we headed over to the VIP area and had some food and beer to watch Third Eye Blind. They started off the set with Motorcycle Drive By and then played a couple old and new songs. The crowd was pretty much all people who were teenagers in the 90’s. Average age of 30 for sure. Haha, such a nostalgic night. I hadn’t been to Ontario Place since last summer and it was really fun night.
This weekend we’re going camping and I can’t wait! I haven’t been since I was in Grade 9 with Sam Denomme and it’s Jason’s first time camping in Canada! Thank goodness for a long weekend because I have been working way too hard lately 🙂 Do you have any plans this long weekend?
Here’s Show & Tell to distract you til it’s time to go home!
- Some rich parents are spending ridiculous amounts of money (up to $200,000) to build playhouses for their children. And yes, they are nicer then my apartment.
- Working from a home office has seen me have my share of meetings at a local coffee shop. Sometimes you get people that just have a clue how to work in a public space, so luckily Mashable has compiled The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Coffee Shop Etiquette
- Another Mashable treat – some great Geeky Posters for your Office – my faves are the Grammer Pack and the Evolution of the Geek
- I love looking at things and finding their “faces” and no I don’t think that objects have feelings but these 15 Anthropomorphic Objects are pretty cute.
- haha… here’s a Domino’s Pizza Employee Warning Records – this person is an idiot
- I am always reading and learning how to use different tools for web, photo and design and these Photo Retouching Tips And Tricks In Photoshop from Smashing Magazine were really helpful
- Another great site I’ve found recently with tutorials for learning about web design is HTML Dog
- Ever wanted to take a break from your career? Jeff “the Career Break Travel Guy” did just that and created a successful Blog. Here’s a great article called 30 Great Places to Chill on Your Career Break Travels
- Since moving back to Toronto there are two of us in a pretty small apartment. I’ve been looking for ideas on how to make the best of our small space (and lack of storage) and came across the Apartment Therapy blog. I LOVE it and you should check it out for some inspiration.
- And last, but not least, today I’ve got an Infographic from Mashable called The History of Email