Summer in the city and life is good! What do you have planned for the weekend?
- The Beaches Jazz Festival starts today with concerts at Woodbine Park and runs through July 24th. Next weekend is the Queen Street closure and band’s play all weekend in the street! Here is a printable PDF of the schedule
- Tonight at The Sound Academy my friends Rebel Emergency are opening for ska/reggae legends Toots and the Maytals – Jason and I are going and I can’t wait to see the show!
- I’m hoping to get out of the city and go cottaging or camping and I hate using bug spray. The Hairpin posted this great article on Making Your Own Pleasant-Smelling Natural Insect Repellent. I’m going to try it and please let me know if you do as well.
- Ok, I don’t advocate vandalism but these 25 Funniest Moments in Vandalism History were too good not to share
- We generally think of using energy from water as waves or tidal power, but new research suggests that the Salt in the oceans can actually be used like a battery.
- Photographer Richard Cormen was invited by an then unknown singer named Madonna to photographer her in and around her NYC home. The beginning of an icon.
- Oh gawd. You have to look at the photos in the Awkward Stock Photography blog. They are just so ridiculous.
- Now this is kind of scary but very interesting. A factory in Germany is using robots and computers to to grow skins cells that they hope will one day be able to be transplated. Umm… yeah.
- Architecht Matthew Hofmann has gutted and reconfigued an airstream trailer that he lives in with his girlfriend. I actually really like this and although it might not be too convenient for living in I think it’s a great idea for travel.
- Most people I know are in debt, myself included. I’ve been working dilligently to manage it and get it paid off and when I came across this article from The Consumerist Reader Pays Off $14,330 In 20 Months I decided to use it as my guide.
That’s it for this week. Hope you have a great weekend and I’ll blog you again soon!