What a whirlwind week! Working downtown above the Hyatt for the next month, which is really great. NXNE & NXNEi (didn’t get a media pass this year, but ended up as a delegate). Cleaning, organizing, unpacking and moving in preparation for Jason’s arrival next week! I am so excited for him to be here and to show him our city. In case you haven’t noticed I have a big heart on for Toronto lately. The next three days are going to be crazy NXNE, concerts, gifting lounge, MMVA’s, Father’s Day. Phew!
I’ve got a whole pile of Show & Tell stuff saved up over the past couple months. My first since moving back to Toronto. Today’s is a big one 🙂
- You may have heard by now that studies show sitting down in offices all day is VERY BAD for your health. I’ve been standing more and as soon as I unpack my big yoga ball I’ll go back to sitting on it. Here are some other great seat ideas from Mashable
- “If we were playing Russian roulette and had one bullet, I randomly spun the chamber and fired but nothing was fired, would you rather fire the gun again or respin the chamber and then fire on your turn?” – this and other crazy interview questions asked at Wall Street job interviews
- Go the F–k to Sleep – a bedtime storybook for parents is available for download on Amazon and it’s FREE – hilarious and so worth it
- Peter Bregman wrote a really interesting post on the Harvard Business Review on why he retunred his iPad after a week. I’d love to know your thoughts on iPad and tablets in general. Worth it? Time wasters?
- Alex Mustard dived 80ft into the crevice between the North American and Eurasian plates near Iceland to capture these spectacular photos.
- Love this link from Jason: pit bulls were brought in as “nanny dogs,” the trusted caretaker pups to watch over kids.
- What Mona Lisa would look like after a week in the USA (cough, Paris Hilton, cough)
- Today I learned that one of my friends is taking a sabbatical to Israel at the end of summer. I recommend that EVERYONE do this at some point. I was more or less on one (but with the work part) in Florida the past six months and it did wonders for my head and heart. Here are 7 Reasons to Take a Sabbatical from Work to Travel
- Awesome ad campaign “Life’s Too Short For The Wrong Job“
- This is absolutely AMAZING to see – During World War II the Army Corps of Engineers hid the Lockheed Burbank Aircraft Plant by disguising it as a rural subdivision.
- Project power and boost performance just by changing your body language
- I admire Anna Wintour and IMO her influence has made her THE most powerful woman in Fashion. Here is a great article by Wall Street Journal on “Brand Anna” via Nubby
- Sarah Von of Yes and Yes has a really great post that I think we should all read 10 Things to Do on Your Lunchbreak That Don’t Involve Facebook or Lean Cuisine
- “Be Gentle With Your Parents” – this is a good reminder for all of us. I am very guilty of getting frustrated easily and not always talking the nicest to my parents. I have amazing ones and they don’t deserve the attitude that they still sometimes get from me (and my siblings).
- My cell phone is now my only phone line and I have really been trying use my headset when talking on it, instead of holding it to my ear. You should too. Read This –> Cellphone Radiation May Alter Your Brain
- Last but not least – if you haven’t seen the video of 9-year old Robert Jeffrey’s dancing to Vogue then here’s your chance. He kills it!
That’s it for this week my friends. I’m off to finish up my workday, then move more stuff and out to NXNE for the night!