I’m on Day 5 of my 30 Days of Blogging personal challenge and so far so good. It feels really good to take some time for myself and do something I really enjoy. I hope you guys are liking it too, even though a couple of the post have been really short. Tonight I’ve been invited to the Stella Artois Draft Master Finals and there’s still time to RSVP if you want to come out. Really looking forward to drinking some more beer…. I’ve been a little under the weather the last few days. I haven’t been sleeping well, or really taking care of myself due to a ridiculously busy schedule and it finally caught up with me. Tomorrow night I get to see Birds of Whales play with The Watchmen at The Horseshoe and I am really excited to see both bands live. It will be my first time seeing either of them.
- If you’re in Toronto and looking for something interesting to do this weekend then you should check out the Grand Opening of Evergreen Brick Works
“Evergreen Brick Works is a community environmental centre that inspires and equips visitors to live, work and play more sustainably. Evergreen, a national charity, has transformed the former Don Valley Brick Works from a collection of deteriorating heritage buildings into an international showcase for urban sustainability and green design that is open year-round.”
- Found this breathtaking photos of the night sky on Gala’s site last week. You have to take a look.
- One of my actors Joe Silvaggio sent me the article The Road to Recovery for Michael Vick’s Dogs this week. It is an amazing and inspiring article about what happened to the 51 pitbulls rescued from his dog fighting facilities. I think the most important thing to take from this is that PITBULLS ARE NOT BAD DOGS. Out of 51 dogs, who had been abused, tortured and trained to fight and kill, 47 have been successfully rehabilitated and are living in dog sanctuaries, among other dogs and some have even been adopted. This article should be spread around and shared with anyone who agrees with breed specific legislation.
- I’ve written about my friend Lyall here before. He’s a really interested and talented artist who’s show Coping Mechanism’s is on at The Cannery in Peterborough right now. I love his unicorn paintings the most.
- Vanity Fair has a good article about Sean Parker, the founder of Napster & Facebook. Really interesting read via Nubby
- Ever wondered what a McDonald’s hamburger from 1996 looks like…. 12 years later?
- If you haven’t check out Currybomb‘s blog yet, you better head on over and get caught up. I love her!
- Excellent advice & quotes from the one & only Henry Rollins
- This is for anyone who is a little shy when it comes to talking dirty. Sex Cigars & Booze gives you How To Talk Dirty: 50 Examples That’ll Make You Blush
- I don’t know if my brother ever reads my blog, but this link is for him and anyone who loves Volkswagen’s. Volkswagen Literature from 1938-1979
That’s it for me today. I’m going to sit outside on the porch, finish my work in the sun and hopefully feel human again. I’ll leave you with a photo of Hector, one of the rehabilitated dogs, and the video below is Glee! covering Britney Spear’s Toxic.