It’s been a super hot week in Toronto and today we get a little breather with rain. I love sitting inside and reading a book when it’s raining. I also love thunderstorms and watching them from the porch. There’s just something about them that makes you feel so small and in awe.
I’ve been having ridiculously busy weeks lately. Lots of projects to work on and things to get done. It’s taken a toll on my blogging and to be honest I haven’t really felt motivated to write lately. I think it has to do with the amount of time I’ve been spending on the computer working. I need to give my brain a break and take a vacation and hopefully I’ll get some cottage time in next week before the BF goes away on tour again.
Hope you like it the links I found this week!
- A girl named Lauren was diagnosed 2 years ago with Scleroderma and she has started a campaign to help save her heart. It is all about the power of positive thinking and using positive energy to help her heal. You can go here to download a picture of a healthy heart with perfect valves, colour it in and send it to her. I am going to do mine this weekend. Who knows, maybe with all the positive energy and love being sent her way, Lauren’s heart can cure itself. I believe in the power of this.
- I am a slave to my email, checking it constantly and replying as often as I can. I found a really interesting article on How To Reduce Your Email Checking to Once a Day and am going to test it out. I don’t think I can get away with once, but maybe I can do emails twice daily.
- Have you heard of Vivos? It is an underground shelter that will house 200 people for 1 year, in the event of a natural disaster or catastrophe. It’s apparently nuclear bomb proof and it looks kind of cool, but scary to think about.
- The oil is still gushing out of the well into the Gulf of Mexico and there doesn’t seem to be any end in sight. I think it has fallen off the radar of almost everyone, which is so sad because it is going to affect all of us. GulfOilSpill.net is the most current and comprehensive record of the Gulf Oil Spill of 2010.
- Dr. Jay Kennedy from the University of Manchester has cracked The Plato Code and proved that Plato did in fact, predict the scientific revolution, among other things.
- A really interesting ready from Unicorns of Socialism called What is You Plan Z?
- Five Ways to Increase Your Hustle by 10% by Peter Shankman is a great read and has given me some good ideas to motivate myself.
- How Wealthy Are You Really puts the subject of wealth into perspective. Does it really matter how much money you have if you don’t have time to enjoy the little things in life?
- Maureen Johnson has written a Manifesto that really appeals to me. “The internet is made of people. People matter. This includes you. Stop trying to sell everything about yourself to everyone…” and you should read it.
- Most people over the age of 20 think that teenagers are ridiculous, but Mashable has posted 5 Teen Social Media Trends That Can Be Applied To Small Business and it makes sense.
- I really love looking at Icons and Fonts and trying to find new and interesting ones to use. I’m a less is more kind of girl in my online world and these 10 Minimalist Icon Sets I really like.
- I’ve been a little uninspired lately and have been looking for things to get me motivated again. I found these 100 Most Inspirational Quotes and it’s starting to spark my creativity again.
- These buildings look like something out of a movie or even a dream. I love the crazy architecture and it’s amazing that a structure can be built like this. Top 33 World’s Strangest Buildings