Today is Social Media Day and I’m going to celebrate by going to the Mashable Meetup at The Madison this evening to hang with some of my favourite tweeps and blog babes. Casie & Scott are going to be speaking and I’m excited to meet some new people IRL.
I’m in love with social media and I can’t imagine my life without it now. I’ve made so many new friends and I have to say it’s changed the way I work, think and live. I know some people don’t really like it, or see the point, but it’s all in the way you use it. I feel like my blog and my twitter are an extension of my thoughts, a way for me to get the things out that I need to, all the while building up my influence and reach. It’s helped me in my business – the launch of my agency’s Social Media Division this year was a pretty ground breaking event for me. I’m the first agent in Canada to represent online personalities and I’m building a strong network of people.
If you’re looking to get involved today you can join us at the Meetup or check out this list of ways to participate from Mashable.
- Meetup Everywhere Mashable: Sign up to attend an event on the Meetup Everywhere Mashable.
- Watch the live streams worldwide: We’ll be updating throughout the day.
- Tweet: Use the #smday hashtag on Twitter. With so many participating, we should be a trending topic on Twitter on June 30. Also, we’ll soon be announcing a prize for those that tweet or post to Facebook.
- Add the Social Media Day Twitter theme from TweetyGotBack to your account in support of the day.
- Follow @mashSMday: Follow @mashSMday on Twitter for updates and developments on the celebration.
- Comment via Facebook: Go to Smday.com and leave a comment either promoting your meetup or tell us what you’re doing for your event.
- Upload to Flickr: Upload photos to Flickr and tag them with #smday.