After the kinda sad beginning of my week it actually has ended up being pretty great. Burlesque & munchies at Hot Box, great hang with Casie, FGI Trend Event & FAT 2010 runway shows, lunch yesterday with my sister for her b-day, massage & dinner date with Carri tonight. I’ve got to talk to Chad on Skype almost every day and thank goodness for technology. Looking forward to the beautiful weekend ahead. Hopefully have a work/hang on Saturday, bday party on Saturday night and then a work/hang with the SevenDollarPants girls on Sunday. Been staying up pretty late working on myself, new business opportunities and getting through the hell that is taxes. Found some really fun and interesting stuff for you this week.
- Gala Darling posted a reader letter & her advice on Sex and I really think it is a must read for anyone who is coming to terms with their own sexuality. It’s actually sad to read how misguided and scared people are, who have only been taught about abstinence. I think it’s irresponsible for educators, parents & government to not provide sexual health and safety information.
- Did you know that there is a lightening storm in Venezuela that lasts 140-160 nights? Some really cool natural phenomena that I had never heard of.
- I can never seem to finish a meal when we go out for food and this article shows that portion sizes have nearly doubled in the past 20 years
- At age 65, Dr. Clark Martin had his first psychedelic experience. Quite an interesting read and theory on the use of psychedelic drugs to treat depression, anxiety and other mental disorders
- Photos of a real life Kwik-E-Mart
- Want to hear what Chad’s band sounds like? You can stream their Record Store Day EP on TuneLab and it includes 2 live tracks!
- I’ve found this amazing photos set of Iceland in the aftermath of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano eruption
- Mashable had a really helpful article this week on ways to reduce social media distractions and be more productive and I think it’s great advice.
- And finally, the Eclipse trailer is out today and I can’t wait to see this film. I admit that the movies are a little silly, but the books have me hooked.